Thursday 28 March 2013

Wait… I need to Instagram this!

That phrase comes out of my mouth at least once a day. I guess you can call me somewhat of an Instagram addict. I'm not really sure why I wanted to app to begin with, but I can tell you the first thing I ever instagrammed was a bowl of mac & cheese (because obviously this was the cool thing to do).

Instagramming my food started to become a hobby of mine though. Having taken photography for about six yeas of my life I have a very artistic eye. There could be a pile of sliced bread sitting in front of me and if it looks arty enough, I will instagram it.




More recently though I think I instagram for the audience I have gained over the past year. My friends patiently wait for my next food posts and then comment begging me to start a cookbook or to email them recipes. But my Instagram can have some pretty strange things on it as well.

Last summer we saw Big Bird just taking a stroll down 9th Aevnue. It was probably the most terrifying thing I have ever seen in my life.
     Most of the time though food can be the one consecutive thing that appears on my Instagram. At work if I have a lunch I am really proud of or excited for, I instagram it. Every week I go out for sushi at this small dive sushi place with my friends. When the food comes it is always so aesthetically placed on my play that I must Instagram!




It could be as simple as a piece of toast, with strawberry jam, on a white plate, with a black background. Everything just looks pleasing to the eye and makes you want to eat that piece of toast.




 My food posts also usually involve my friends. We had a party for the Tony Awards last June and we all decided to bring along a few snacks. My friend Sami made these Broadway themed cookies for all of us. It was an absolute wonderful time.












The last part of this post I would as always like to give you a recipe. My flatmate loved these. If you're unsure of what they are, they are stuffed mushrooms. We read in class a piece about how no one has time for stuffed mushrooms. They take to long. Well these my friends take maybe 30 minuets.

Ingredients 
2 Large potatoes
4 Portobello Mushrooms
1 1/2 Cups Shredded Chicken
4 Asparagus stalks

How To
1. Peel and cut the potaotes
2. Place into boiling water until soft for mashing
3. Mash the potatoes
4. Clean your mushrooms and pull out some of the center
5. fill the center with your shredded chicken
6. followed by thin sliced asparagus that has been sauteed for 2 minuets in some olive oil
7. Put your mash on top of until the mushrooms are full
8. Sprinkle some Herbs De Provence and place in oven for 5-7 mins
9. Take out of the oven and enjoy!

Happy Eating
-Molly


No comments:

Post a Comment